Our client is a well established chartered certified accounting practice located conveniently in the Home Counties. The practice works with a wide portfolio of clients, including renowned international retail companies and clients operating in various sectors including IT, Property and Construction and Engineering with turnovers of over £200m.
- The purpose and remit of the Audit Senior are:Leading audit assignments from planning through to completion.
- Pre-engagement of clients, arrange staff scheduling and assignment dates, liaise with clients.
- Review of prior year audit file to plan and identification of various risk areas and task allocation to team.
- Undertake of preliminary planning procedures to target high risk and focused areas.
- Completion of inherent business risk assessment and control environment assessment.
- Materiality review and sample size calculation based on management accounts/year end draft accounts.
- Assignment planning, budget allocation of the audit fee, money laundering reviews and team meetings
- Supervision and training of junior staff to undertake substantive testing, and focus on high risk areas.
- Preparing statutory accounts
- Corporation tax
- Preparing VAT returns
- Submitting accounts to HMRC
- Assisting Audit Managers
- ACA / ACCA Fully Qualified
- Three years experience working in a practice environment
- Ideally coming from a Top 50 firm
- Approximately have 60:40 Audit to Accounts split
- Experience in using IRIS
- Computer literate
- Team player and deadline driven
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- In return of your hard work, you will receive an extremely competitive salary of up to £45,000 plus other excellent benefits.
- Genuine career progression is encouraged in the firm, with a strong possibility of the successful candidate being promoted to an Audit Manager within two years.
- Join a well established practice that is growing at a fast pace (more information will be provided if the candidate is invited to attend an interview).
- Yearly Christmas holiday abroad with the team
- Conveniently located near a train station (7 minute walk)
- Plenty of free parking space within the premises
If you believe this role sounds like the right opportunity, please forward me your cv to email@example.com.