Our client is a forward thinking Top 50, 15-20 partner practice located conveniently in the City are seeking an Audit Senior to join its diverse team in a period of exciting growth.
The practice has experienced significant growth in the previous five years, having moved up almost ten places in the Top 100 list in a space of only two years.
- The responsibilities of the Audit Senior will be split between 70% Audit /30% Accounts and tax
- Leading audits, which include planning, executing, directing and completion.
- Supervise, train and mentor associates on the audit process
- Preparing statutory accounts and draft tax computations
- Review of prior year audit file to plan and identification of various risk areas and task allocation to team.
- Undertake of preliminary planning procedures to target high risk and focused areas.
- Assignment planning, budget allocation of the audit fee, money laundering reviews and team meetings
- Monitor the progress of jobs to ensure that budgets are met
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business
- Preparing VAT Returns
- Corporation Tax
- Assisting Audit Managers
- ACA / ACCA Fully qualified with three years current experience working within the Audit department of an accountancy practice
- Must possess excellent knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Must possess knowledge of corporation tax, VAT and P11Ds.
- Strong interpersonal skills alongside confident oral and written communication skills are required
- Knowledge of Caseware, Sage, CCH, Xero, Alphatax would be advantageous
- It will be beneficial if the candidate possesses demonstrable experience of supervising others and delegating work
- The successful candidate will be extremely organised with the ability to complete assignments with multiple clients within time constraints and deadlines.
- In return of your hard work, you will receive an extremely competitive salary of up to £45,000 plus other excellent benefits including life assurance; health care; seasonal ticket loan etc
- Genuine career progression is encouraged in the firm with a strong possibility to become an Audit Manager within five years
- Conveniently located near a Victoria Line tube station (5 minute walk)
If you are seeking an organisation where you can progress in the long term, then look no further. The organisation invests heavily into its staff, to become leaders within the practice; a prime example being that several of its partners initially joined the firm as trainees. The practice boasts an average staff turnover of seven years
If you believe this role sounds like the right opportunity, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.